- Our Site offers the option for registered users who have an Account (defined below) on the Site to access certain literary content in written and/or audio form, as available on the Site (“Short Stories”). Such access shall be offered in accordance with our Terms (defined below).
- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. In order to use certain services that we offer via the Site, such as to purchase a Subscription on our Site (subject to the Term), you will be required to create an account (“Account”). We may offer different options to create an Account, including:
- Online Registration Form: You may choose to complete and submit an online registration form. You will be asked to provide us with certain mandatory information such as your email address, and also a password that you will use for your
- Third Party Accounts: You may choose to create an Account by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Site for a designated third party website or service (each a “Third Party Account”), such as Facebook or Twitter. Doing so will enable you to link your Account and your Third Party Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we will obtain from your Third Party Account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your Third Party Account. Please note that in order to use this option, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third Party
- “Contact Us” Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email
- Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Site may utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies in order to for us to provide our Site and present you with information that is customized for you. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Analytics Services. Our Site may use the tools described below (the “Analytics Services”) to collect information about use of our Site, such as how often users visit our Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to visiting our We use the information we collect from the Analytics Services to maintain and improve our Site and our products and services.
Some of the Analytics Services we use may include:
- Oribi. Oribi’s use of information collected through its analytics tools is set forth in its Terms and Conditions, available at https://oribi.io/terms.
- The Way We Use Personal If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Site, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways:
- To Generally Provide You With the Site. We will use your Personal Information to: (i) administer and provide to Site; (ii) further develop and generally improve our Site; (iii) send you marketing/advertisement communications, updates, promotions, offerings, or other news of/about Short Story Project, our products and our services, via email, such as our weekly newsletter; (iv) contact you in connection with the Site and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, such as our weekly newsletter; (v) respond to your communications; and (vii) identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site that you are authorized to
- Transfer to Affiliates. We may transfer your Personal Information to our local or foreign subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of storing or processing such information on our Such information may be
- Enforcement. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Short Story project, our users, yourself or the
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Site-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we May still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the
- At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy; Deletion. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may use the tools that we make available on the Site or you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your
- Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each
- Our California Do Not Track We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the
collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
Last updated: February, 2018